We're determined here at Bead, that no matter what the weather, spring is here, with summer soon to follow, and the next issue of Bead will certainly have you celebrating! We've packed it full of colourful designs, guaranteed to blow away the grey clouds.
Bead is now available in more ways than ever before, as well the print edition and popular digital iMag library, you can now subscribe to bead through the Apple newsstand and on Android devices! Search for us in the App store today or click this link to find out more!
If you just can't wait for the next fabulous issue of Bead then here's a wonderful free project from lampwork bead artist Laney Mead…
x Chloe x
Dotty Lampwork Spacer Beads
by Laney Mead of Izzybeads
Learn how to make these fun dotty spacer beads inspired by summer daisies, perfect for incorporating into your jewellery designs.
1. Wrap white glass around a prepared mandrel.
2. Add dots of yellow glass at 12, 3, 6 and 9 o'clock in the centre of the bead and melt flat.
3. Add smaller dots (a thin stringer is good here) on the outer edges of the bead and melt flat.
4. Give a good bathe in the flame to flame anneal and either pop into the kiln or make another on the same mandrel. If you make more than one bead on the same mandrel remember to not go back to reheat the first bead, it will explode!
• Daffodil yellow
• Prepared mandrel with bead release
• All supplies from Tuffnell Glass
To find out how to make the matching daisy beads, make sure you pick up a copy of Issue 47 of Bead magazine, on sale May 22nd.